COVID-19 winter dose
A winter COVID-19 vaccine dose is available from the 4 April for the following people, 4 months after their booster dose:
- adults aged 65 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and older
- residents of aged care or disability care settings
- people aged 16 years and older who are severely immunocompromised.
If you believe you are immunocompromised and may require the winter dose, please speak with your GP about suitability.
If you’ve had COVID-19 since your booster, you’ll need to wait 4 months after your confirmed infection before you can get your winter dose.
For bookings please contact reception on 6281 5060.
More information about this is available on the Australian Department of Health website.
Hughes Family Practice has commenced vaccinating the 5-11 years cohort in January 2022 and aims to complete the eight week vaccination course of all it’s patients within this age group by the end of March. More information can be found here:
- RACGP’s Managing COVID-19 at home with assistance from your general practice
- ACT Government COVID 19 website
- ACT Government COVID 19 website – Information for people who test positive for COVID-19
- Australian Government, Managing COVID-19 at home, Resources for patients and healthcare professionals.
- Managing COVID at Home